Collagen + Protein Pancakes
Finally slept in past 8 am this weekend, woke up feeling refreshed with not much on the agenda for today, so I decided to be a little creative with this morning's meal. Since it's dark and heavily raining, some type of pancakes seemed like a good fit to brighten the mood. Ingredients and nutrition facts listed below.. enjoy!
- 2 organic bananas, mashed
- 1 organic egg
- 1 serving of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides**
- 1 scoop of Vega Clean Protein
- 2 tbsp Bob's Red Mill All-purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 2 tsp Bob's Red Mill Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 cup Dark Chocolate Coconut Gluten Free Granola by Back to Nature Foods
- 1 tsp Fourth and Heart Grass-fed Ghee Butter
- In a large mixing bowl, add the two bananas and heat in the microwave for 45 sec.
- Add the egg and whisk together.
- In another small bowl, mix together collagen peptides, protein, flour, and xanthan gum.
- Combine ingredients and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Using a skillet or medium-sized frying pan, coat with cooking spray, butter or oil.
- Use a large spoon or ladle to scoop mix onto pan. Let it cook over the heat for approximately 2 minutes on both sides until lightly brown.
- Garnish with toppings.
- No. of Servings: 3
- Calories per serving: 235
- Fat: 5g
- Carbs: 32g
- Protein: 18g
** I'm not a supporter of supplements unless they're all natural and beneficial to overall health, so these made the cut. A serving of these collagen peptides provides 20g of collagen for healthy hair, skin, and nails, improved bone and joint health, increased muscle recovery, and improved digestion -- count me in!
Spending the rest of my afternoon getting some work done for school, getting a treadmill run in, maybe some yoga practice, and planning out the rest of the week. Happy Sunday!